2011-10-27

review: paper towel (rag)


Between 2011 July and 2011 September, my partner and I did a 3 300km bicycle tour of southern France. The below is a review of a product that we used during that tour.

This may be the most valuable item I didn't think to bring with me. I got this one from a public library bathroom on the Atlantic coast. They wouldn't let us use the internet so I stole this crummy paper towel instead. Taught them a lesson.

I used this for cleaning all manner of things related to the bicycle, from the chain to the brake tracks to the frame. At this late date it's a collection of shredded paper held together by will power and bicycle grease, but it still was great to have even in its degraded condition. In future I would probably hit up a paper towel dispenser at the airport before heading out, then replace as needed. This towel lasted over 35 days through some hard usage, so it wouldn't take more than a 25cm by 20cm piece of towel to go a long way. As it is, the towel won't register on my scale, just the sort of item I like in my chargement.