2011-10-14

review: LightLoad 30cm by 60cm towel


Between 2011 July and 2011 September, my partner and I did a 3 300km bicycle tour of southern France. The below is a review of a product that we used during that tour.

LightLoad towels are out of the box engineering. Besides being very light (15g for the 30cm by 60cm version I had with me, though by the end it somehow weighed 19g), it was compact and dried very quickly, even in wet conditions. I used my towel nearly every day of our 76 day tour. It took on all sorts of shapes and it quickly looked like hell (see photo above, taken in front of my window after we returned), but it dried my body when I needed it to, was an excellent extra layer of insulation on cold nights, acted as a mop more than once, and it would have served as fire starter, bandanna or "tampon" (French for band-aid, among other things) had I needed it to. As bad as the towel looks, I will keep this towel for future camping use.